Monday, July 12, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Here are some great deals on school supplies this week. If you grab the awesome deals each week, you'll be stocked up by the time school starts without breaking the bank!
Expo Dry Erase Markers, 4 pk., $1.99 ea
-$1 off Expo Washable Dry Erase Makers printable
Mead Poly Notebook, 1 Subject, $1.99
-$1 off Mead 1,3 or 5 Subject Notebook Walgreens July Coupon Booklet (makes it 99¢)
Crayola Markers, 10 pk, or Bic Grip Mechanical Pencils 99¢ ea
Sharpie Fine Point Markers, 12 pk.,$3.99 ea
Penway Notebooks Subject, 120 sheets, or Composition, 80 sheets, 79¢ ea
Fiskers Blunt or Pointed Scissors 99¢ ea
Elmer’s Jumbo Glue Stick, .77 oz., or School Glue, 4 oz.,99¢ ea
Penway Crayons, 24 pk., Colored Pencils, 12 pk., or Jumbo Crayons 8 pk 49¢ ea
Legal Pad 50 sheets, 5×8 or 8.5×11, 29¢ ea w/in-ad coupon
Mead Envelopes, 40-100 pk. 69¢ ea w/in-ad coupon
Index Cards, 3×5 white 100 pk., or Colored, 70 pk., 39¢ ea w/in-ad coupon
Crayola Posterboard, 22×28 in., 34¢ ea w/in-ad coupon
Hi Trails Backpacks, Duffel Bags, or Messenger Bags B1G1 at $9.99
99¢ ECB wyb Paper Mate Pens 99¢ Limit 1 (3 Day Sale — Sunday -Tuesday)
99¢ ECB wyb Caliber Scissors 5″, 99¢ Limit 1 (3 Day Sale — Sunday -Tuesday)
Rose Art Markers or Colored Pencils — $0.50
Rose Art Glue Stick (2-packs) — $0.20
Penny Deals — available Sunday through Wednesday with a $5 purchase
Yellow #2 Pencils (8-pack) — $0.01 (Limit 2)
2-Pocket Folder with Fasteners — $0.01 (Limit 10)
Buy 1 Staples Multipurpose Paper (500-sheet ream, 96 bright) at $4.99, Get $4.98 Easy Rebate — $0.01 after Easy Rebate (Limit 2)
Dollar Deals — Limit 2
BIC Atlantis Ballpoint Pens (4-pack)
Staples Translucent Pencil Box
Staples Hype! Grip Highlighters (6-pack)
Wescott 5″ Scissors (2-pack)
Staples Glue Sticks (.26 oz., 4-pack colored)
Post-it Novelty-Shaped Notes (2-pack)
RoseArt Colored Pencils (15-pack)
Scotch Magic Tape (3/4″ x 675″)
Quartet 8/12″ x 11″ Dry-Erase Board
Staples #10 Pull & Seal Envelopes (25-pack)
Staples Photo Supreme 8.5″ x 11″ Paper (50-pack)
Buy 1 Mr. Sketch Markers 12-pack at $7.99 (ITEM # 203-034), Get $7.99 mail-in-savings Visa Prepaid card (Limit 1) = Free after Visa card
Buy 1 Swingline® LightTouch Reduced Effort Stapler at $15.99 (ITEM # 579-785), Get $2 instant savings and $13.99 mail-in-rebate (Limit 1) = Free after instant savings and mail-in rebate
Buy 1 Office Depot® Brand Multipurpose Paper Ream at $6.29 (ITEM # 112-860), Get $5.29 mail-in-savings Visa Prepaid card (Limit 2) = $1 after Visa card
Buy 1 Office Depot® Brand Color-Coded Heavyweight Sheet Protectors 25-pack at $7.59 (ITEM # 233-240), Get $6.59 mail-in-savings Visa card (Limit 3) = $1 after Visa card
Buy 1 Wilson Jones® 1″ Round-Ring Impact Binders at $3.99 (ITEM # 322-520), Get $2.99 Instant Savings (Limit 3) = $1 after Instant Savings
Buy 1 Pentel® Quicker Clicker™ Mechanical Pencils 2-pack at $7.49 (ITEM # 320-231), Get $6.49 mail-in-savings Visa card (Limit 3) = $1 after Visa card
If you find any other deals, please leave a comment and I will add it to the list!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Alright, ladies, I know these tiny adorable oranges have been all the rage at lunch this week. So, if you love them, or if you want to try them for the first time, go here and print a coupon for them first! After your coupon prints, hit your browser's back button two times and it will print again! ***I tried to print this one and my computer said I had already printed it the number of time allowed (a bold faced lie, mind you), so let me know if you can print it!
I have seen these at Publix (and they run them on sale sometimes, too). Did someone tell me they have them at BiLo too?
Thursday, February 18, 2010
- I believe you get 3 bucks just for signing up.
- Download the toolbar after you sign up and do all of your internet searching through it. This is the main way I earn Swagbucks (average 3 per day this way). I even search sites I visit frequently just to earn SB that way.
- If you do a lot of online shopping, you can shop through Swagbucks.com and get 1 Swagbuck for every $5 you spend.
- Find Swagbucks codes on the internet (fun, but more time consuming than the first two).
- Refer friends to Swagbucks.com (like I am doing now!)
What kind of prizes and giftcards are offered?
Swagbucks.com has a WIDE variety of things you can redeem your Swagbucks for. Some of my personal favorites:
- $5 Amazon giftcard = 45 Swagbucks
- $25 Restaurant.com giftcard = 40 Swagbucks (Restaurant.com now offers gift certificates to The Melting Pot fondue restaurant in Chattanooga!)
- $20 Target giftcard = 235 Swagbucks
- extra Nintendo Wii controller (you know you need one) = 176 Swagbucks
My goal has been to earn a minimum of 50 Swagbucks per month. I currently have 102 (by the way, the toolbar I downloaded keeps track of all that for me). I don't think Swagbucks will change my life financially or anything, but my goal for this year is to use the Amazon giftcards I earn to buy all of my nieces' and nephews' (I have 8) Christmas gifts. That will go a long way toward my larger goal of never going into debt at Christmastime again!
If you would like to try Swagbucks, go here and sign up!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I'm sure if you haven't actually asked this out loud, you've wondered it. I have, too! Today, I made a mini-trip to Publix and thought I would share my perspective on this very topic with you.
First, here are the healthy-ish items I bought:
- 2 pkg. Nature's Own multigrain sandwich rounds (reg. $2.49) BOGO = paid $1.24 each
- Post Shredded Wheat cereal (reg. $3.99) on sale for $2.50 - $2 coupon = paid $0.50 *I actually would've gotten 2 boxes for free had I used another $2 coupon + $1/2 Target coupon, but I got distracted...)
- 2 Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers (reg. $2.99) BOGO - (2) $1 coupons = paid $0.49 each
- Carrot chips (reg. $1.99) on sale for $1.69
- 6 kiwis (reg. $0.50 each) on sale for $0.33 each
- Simply orange juice (reg. $3.79) on sale for $3.00
- Attitude spring salad mix (reg. $2.99) on sale for $2.50
- Blue Diamond almonds (reg. $3.19) BOGO - $0.50 coupon (which doubled) = paid $0.59
TOTAL before savings: $29.91
TOTAL after savings: $13.74
I saved 54% on my healthy items just by buying what was BOGO this week! Several of my items were not BOGO, so I made up for that difference by using coupons where I could.
Okay, now the not-so-healthy items:
- 4 pkg. Simply chocolate chip cookies (reg. $3.39) on sale for $1.41 - (4) $1 coupons = paid $0.41 each
- 2 pkg. Betty Crocker cookie mix (reg. $2.67) BOGO - (2) $0.40 coupons = paid $0.53 each
- 8 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks (reg. $2.73) BOGO - (4) $1/2 coupons = paid $0.86 each
- 1 box Betty Crocker fruit snacks (reg. $2.73) BOGO - $0.40 coupon = paid $0.56
- Lysol All-Purpose cleaner (reg. $2.69) BOGO - $0.50 coupon (which doubled) = paid $0.34
TOTAL before savings: $46.16
TOTAL after savings: $10.48
I saved 77% on the not-so-healthy foods. But do you see how balancing what we wanted with what we needed really paid off? The boys love fruit snacks as an after-school snack, and with 10 snack packages per box, we are looking at about $0.08 per snack! Awesome! For lunch one day this week, I am sure you will see me eating a Healthy Choice meal and a kiwi, which totals less than $1! :)
Sunday, February 14, 2010
- I hit up Walgreens on Sundays to pick up the Chattanooga paper. Basketball season has completely messed up our Sunday Atlanta trips, so I have been settling with the Chattanooga coupons. They are terrible, aren't they? Oh, it just makes me so mad! Anyway, Walgreens has the Chattanooga Sunday paper for $1.00 each.
- (2) Crest Pro-health Mouthwash (reg. ?) on sale for $3.50 each - (2) -$2 coupons - $2.50 RR = paid $0.25 each!
- Purpose facial moisturizer (reg. $9.99) on clearance for $2.59!
- Fusion razor (reg. $8.99) - $4 coupon - $4 RR = paid $0.99!
- (2) Chattanooga newspapers = paid $1.00 each
- 24 pack Spring water in-ad coupon for $2.99 (not pictured)
TOTAL before coupons = $24.57
TOTAL after coupons and $10 RR = $5.57
PLUS I got $6.50 in RR to use next time!
TOTAL before coupons = $28.44
TOTAL after coupons and $20 ECB = -$2.24! Tax made my final total $0.48!!!
PLUS I got $15 in ECB and an extra $2 coupon to use next time!
Remember: If you want to work these deals, go here to Southern Savers where Jenny will help you get organized!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Well hello there!
Last week at lunch, Joy asked why I haven't blogged in a while! I guess I figured you all have this whole coupon thing down pat and don't need any more hand-holding :) but Joy inspired me to keep writing anyway. Thanks, Joy! :)
So....I went to Bi-Lo tonight with my precious sister, Amanda. (Have you met her yet? She is absolutely adorable.)
And we had quite a money-saving adventure! What's that? You want me to share? Okay then! ;)
First, let me tell you about a really cool site that helped me save about $45 tonight! It's House Party! If you haven't heard about House Party, it is a site that offers opportunities for people like you and me to host fun product-based parties in your home. You sign up and apply for as many parties as you are interested in. (I signed up for 3 or 4 before I got chosen for one.) Then, if you are chosen, they send you a Party Pack in the mail to help you get started. And the Party Pack is absolute heaven! I was chosen to host a DiGiorno Game Day party, and they sent me this cute little Party Pack with 6 FREE pizza coupons plus 11 $4 off coupons! Awesome! It also came with a pizza cutter, an oven mitt, several Party necklaces, etc.
Okay, so back to my shopping trip. Here's the breakdown:
- 4 pouches Betty Crocker potatoes (reg. $1.25 ea.) on sale for $0.80 - (4) 0.35 coupons (doubled) = paid $0.10 each!
- 1 box Quaker instant oatmeal (reg. $3.79) on sale for $2 - $1 coupon = paid $1!
- 1 bottle French's mustard (reg. $1.85) on sale for $1.39) - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = paid $0.39!
- 4 bags Chi-Chi's soft taco tortillas (reg. $1.69) on sale for $0.85 - (2) $1 off 2 coupons = paid $0.35 each!
- 2 boxes Ritz Crackerfuls (reg. $3.49) on sale for $1.75 - (2) $1 coupons = paid $0.75 each!
- 1 box Lance sandwich crackers (reg. $2.89) on sale for $2 - $1 coupon = paid $1!
- 1 6-pack Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (reg. $2.79) on sale for $2 (no coupon used)
- 1 bottle Coffeemate creamer (reg. $2.29) on sale for $1.14 (no coupon used)
- 1 gallon Southern Home milk (reg. $3.48) (not on sale ~ no coupon used)
- 2 bags Birds Eye frozen veggies (reg. $2) on sale for $1 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = FREE!
- 3 boxes Tornados (reg. $2.50) on sale for $2 - (3) $0.50 coupons (doubled) = paid $1 each!
- 2 Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers (reg. $3.73) on sale for $1.86 - $1 off 2 coupon = paid $1.36 each!
- 1 box Philly Sorbet treats (reg. $3.18) on sale for $1.59 (no coupon used)
- 1 bag Fast Classic Country Fried Chicken (reg. $7.99) on sale for $3.99 - $1.25 coupon = paid $2.75!
- 1 pound strawberries (reg. $3.99) on sale for $2.50 (no coupon used)
- 3 pounds bananas (reg. $0.59/lb.) (not on sale ~ no coupon used)
- 1 bag bakery kaiser rolls (reg. $3) on sale for $1.50 (no coupon used)
Okay, THEN I had my non-grocery items:
- 2 8-pack Marcals paper towels (reg. $9.99) on sale for $4.99 - (2) $2 coupons = paid $2.99 each! *only one in photo
- 3 10 pound bags Tidy Cats cat litter (reg. $2.71) on sale for $1.35 - (3) $1 coupons = $0.35 each! *only one in photo
- 2 lint rollers (reg. $3.49) on sale for $1.74 - (2) $1 coupons = $0.74 each!
- 4 boxes Southern Home gallon-size ziploc bags **for the Haiti earthquake relief project I am doing with my students ~ I'll shoot you an email about this tomorrow...) (reg. $2.92) on sale for $1.46 (no coupon used)
And THEN I had my pizzas!!!
- 6 DiGiorno frozen pizzas (reg. $7.39) not on sale - (6) FREE coupons = FREE!!!!!
SO...My totals for this trip:
Total before savings: $167.49
Total after savings: $36.08!!!
I saved 79%!!!
*Lastly, if you received a coupon book in the mail a few weeks ago from Bi-Lo with $10 off $100 or $7 off $75, etc., remember to use those coupons BEFORE you use any of your other coupons. For example, today my total after my BonusCard but before coupons was a little over $100. I then gave the cashier my $10 off $100 BiLo coupon. THEN I gave her the rest of my coupons. Hooray!
So, how did you do this week? Haven't been yet? Remember, I get all of my coupon matchups from Southern Savers. Jenny is the best!