Sunday, January 17, 2010

This One's for Beacham

Well hello there!

Last week at lunch, Joy asked why I haven't blogged in a while! I guess I figured you all have this whole coupon thing down pat and don't need any more hand-holding :) but Joy inspired me to keep writing anyway. Thanks, Joy! :)

So....I went to Bi-Lo tonight with my precious sister, Amanda. (Have you met her yet? She is absolutely adorable.)


And we had quite a money-saving adventure! What's that? You want me to share? Okay then! ;)

First, let me tell you about a really cool site that helped me save about $45 tonight! It's House Party! If you haven't heard about House Party, it is a site that offers opportunities for people like you and me to host fun product-based parties in your home. You sign up and apply for as many parties as you are interested in. (I signed up for 3 or 4 before I got chosen for one.) Then, if you are chosen, they send you a Party Pack in the mail to help you get started. And the Party Pack is absolute heaven! I was chosen to host a DiGiorno Game Day party, and they sent me this cute little Party Pack with 6 FREE pizza coupons plus 11 $4 off coupons! Awesome! It also came with a pizza cutter, an oven mitt, several Party necklaces, etc.


Okay, so back to my shopping trip. Here's the breakdown:


  • 4 pouches Betty Crocker potatoes (reg. $1.25 ea.) on sale for $0.80 - (4) 0.35 coupons (doubled) = paid $0.10 each!
  • 1 box Quaker instant oatmeal (reg. $3.79) on sale for $2 - $1 coupon = paid $1!

  • 1 bottle French's mustard (reg. $1.85) on sale for $1.39) - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = paid $0.39!

  • 4 bags Chi-Chi's soft taco tortillas (reg. $1.69) on sale for $0.85 - (2) $1 off 2 coupons = paid $0.35 each!

  • 2 boxes Ritz Crackerfuls (reg. $3.49) on sale for $1.75 - (2) $1 coupons = paid $0.75 each!

  • 1 box Lance sandwich crackers (reg. $2.89) on sale for $2 - $1 coupon = paid $1!

  • 1 6-pack Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (reg. $2.79) on sale for $2 (no coupon used)

  • 1 bottle Coffeemate creamer (reg. $2.29) on sale for $1.14 (no coupon used)

  • 1 gallon Southern Home milk (reg. $3.48) (not on sale ~ no coupon used)

  • 2 bags Birds Eye frozen veggies (reg. $2) on sale for $1 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = FREE!

  • 3 boxes Tornados (reg. $2.50) on sale for $2 - (3) $0.50 coupons (doubled) = paid $1 each!

  • 2 Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers (reg. $3.73) on sale for $1.86 - $1 off 2 coupon = paid $1.36 each!

  • 1 box Philly Sorbet treats (reg. $3.18) on sale for $1.59 (no coupon used)

  • 1 bag Fast Classic Country Fried Chicken (reg. $7.99) on sale for $3.99 - $1.25 coupon = paid $2.75!

  • 1 pound strawberries (reg. $3.99) on sale for $2.50 (no coupon used)

  • 3 pounds bananas (reg. $0.59/lb.) (not on sale ~ no coupon used)

  • 1 bag bakery kaiser rolls (reg. $3) on sale for $1.50 (no coupon used)

Okay, THEN I had my non-grocery items:


  • 2 8-pack Marcals paper towels (reg. $9.99) on sale for $4.99 - (2) $2 coupons = paid $2.99 each! *only one in photo

  • 3 10 pound bags Tidy Cats cat litter (reg. $2.71) on sale for $1.35 - (3) $1 coupons = $0.35 each! *only one in photo

  • 2 lint rollers (reg. $3.49) on sale for $1.74 - (2) $1 coupons = $0.74 each!

  • 4 boxes Southern Home gallon-size ziploc bags **for the Haiti earthquake relief project I am doing with my students ~ I'll shoot you an email about this tomorrow...) (reg. $2.92) on sale for $1.46 (no coupon used)

And THEN I had my pizzas!!!



  • 6 DiGiorno frozen pizzas (reg. $7.39) not on sale - (6) FREE coupons = FREE!!!!!

SO...My totals for this trip:

Total before savings: $167.49

Total after savings: $36.08!!!

I saved 79%!!!

*Lastly, if you received a coupon book in the mail a few weeks ago from Bi-Lo with $10 off $100 or $7 off $75, etc., remember to use those coupons BEFORE you use any of your other coupons. For example, today my total after my BonusCard but before coupons was a little over $100. I then gave the cashier my $10 off $100 BiLo coupon. THEN I gave her the rest of my coupons. Hooray!

So, how did you do this week? Haven't been yet? Remember, I get all of my coupon matchups from Southern Savers. Jenny is the best!


2 comments:

  1. I was there to witness it all, and even still... reading your blog gives me little butterflies and a rush of excitement for you over saving so much $$$. You are my coupon cuttin' hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ~ You crack me up! Did you like your cameo? ;)

    ReplyDelete